Instagram: @mynameis20 Facebook: www.facebook.com/mynameis20 Website: www.mynameis20.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hello, this is Leegong. I'm born in Korea and working as an illustrator while managing the bistro pub, in Yeonam-dong, Seoul.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.Mostly inspired by the littlest stories in our daily lives, LEEGONG captures and depicts the unpolished and unstable moments, such as a teenage girl, wet paint, or the break of dawn.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I ususlly like to work on graphics using computer since it feels more smooth and neat. When I miss drawing on the paper, I used to draw something like doodles using dry materials such as design markers or color pencils. I also like the natural drawing that computer cannot describe as it is.
4. What is your artistic process like?I'm very used to have the habit of recording every day. I like to write a short dairy day by day, note a memo, sketch roughly, and also try to catch the mood or the feeling of each moment by iphone camera or a recorder. Based on my records for each moment, I sketch and coat coloring on my drawing. My recent art works are inspired by my dairy from the days of my girls' high school years.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?The beginning of my inspiration is coming from myself. I ask to myself and record constantly my feelings, the ambience, and the scenes I liked of the day.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I got to be someone who has the habit of observing the beautiful scenes in a detailed and sensitive way. Now I'm interested in very little and trivial things that can be missed in my daily life.
7. Where did you study?I majored in visual design in art college. I worked as an editorial designer for making some little brochures and booklets.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I manage the store, that are filled with my art works. I still want to work as a freelance illustrator, and wish to have my little store with the drawing that has been deepened by the time. After 5 years, I also hope to run a fancy brand that has diverse goods/products based on my drawings.
9. What about in ten?I will be drawing forever, continuously while feeling blessed and happy.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope I can deliver happiness for the people who appreciate my artworks. I really long for it and it is the most important part for my drawing. Also, I wish it can be a break for someone.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Coke! It is my main menu.
12. Favourite book?<Lady's Mood> Poet, Park Sang-Su
13. Favourite genre of music?I really love listening to music, especially which includes Alternative Rock, EDM, Synthesizer.
14. What are your hobbies?Finding cute parts of the people for them :-)
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I may have ended up working as an editorial designer in the company.
Comments are closed.