Instagram : @nicole.mauck
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Originally from fort worth texas (yeehaw) now a resident of Columbus, Ohio!
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I’ve been told my work is apart of the “new wave” which I love because it sounds groovy and mysterious! Haha. But I would say it’s a blend of expressionistic color, minimalistic pop and comedy.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Mostly digital and acrylic. But honestly, I’m open to anything that sounds interesting or challenging! I just did a chalk festival and that was so fun! There was something poetic about putting all of that work into one piece and it disappearing the next day with rain.
4. What is your artistic process like?It's a if you have an idea in your head and it doesn't turn out the way you wanted so you throw something across the room, put the piece in a corner for 6 months, come back to it highly caffeinated and love it, sort of process. Cause I'm a pretentious, cliche artist. Haha!
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Honestly just everyone I follow on Instagram and platforms like this. The internet really forces you to be the best version of yourself and create your own unique voice. I currently have a digital museum going on my Instagram highlights under “scribble museum” it features a ton of artists I really love, check it out!
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?What a huge question! Art, to me, is very spiritual, so it changes everything for me. I believe it's a way of connecting humanity to something bigger. It helps us understand each other's circumstances and emotions, it enhances our empathy. There’s nothing as powerful as the unspoken force of creativity that exists within us all.
7. Where did you study?The University of Google Search (Self Taught)
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Lol. What is life?
9. What about in ten?To be honest I would've had a better answer for you a few years ago. Something that would make me feel good because having goals and ambition is something our society capitalizes off of huh? It’s no one's fault really is it? We’re just wired to find meaning in the things we accomplish. I just kind of stumbled into this. And now I have my first solo exhibit being offered. So, I’m not going to even try to attempt to control this with some sort of expectation. I think I'm just going to enjoy it and see where it takes me. And hopefully, I won’t be worrying about the same dumb things I do now.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to translate our reality in order to connect humanity in both time and space. Maybe make you smile and have a thought or two.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?CARBS
12. Favourite book?Imagine: How Creativity works OR Creativity inc.
13. Favourite genre of music?Indie pop
14. What are your hobbies?I get temporarily obsessed with a lot of things lol! But right now: Writing, Aspiring barista and sustainable fashion.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Dead.
Comments are closed.