1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm from South Korea. (nodab means no answer in Korean.) “Nodab” reflects a lump of lethargic emotion that dwells inside me. “Nodab” basically is the state of torpor itself that exists within any person’s mind. The motive of “Nodab” is a little baby, which has the same characteristics of having neither the strength nor the ability to stand up by itself. Just like a baby being created within the human womb, “Nodab” is also created within the human’s mind. As its character, its appearance is in a form of very weak shape, which looks as if it will soon collapse. They have a natural enemy and it is a monster called “Responsibility”. “Responsibility” is a lump of thoughts created by the head. Unlike the weak & slow Nodabs, “Responsibilities” rapidly fly around and eliminates “Nodabs”. However, compare to uncontrollably increased number of “Nodabs”, “Responsibilities” are always short in numbers, thus forcing them to fly overtime all the time. The conflict of “I want to do nothing” & “I need to do something” creates a mutant called “confusion”. “Confusion” takes a bizarre form that looks like a mix of both “Nodab” and “Responsibility”. It shows continuous mix-ups of both sides. Occasionally “Confusion” can shift itself into Nodab or Responsibility.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I occasionally upload my drawings that feature “Nodab” to the world using Instagram. Surprisingly, more people than my thought tell me that they too have “Nodabs” inside themselves. Present, Past and in the Future, “Nodab”, “Responsibility”, and "Confusion” will always be inside every person on the planet and will always be together.
3.What is your favourite medium and why?My favorite medium is an ink pen. ink pen makes my drawing flexible. It can be thinner or thicker.
4. What is your artistic process like?I'm a baby. artist. I am growing because of the people who beat and hold Nodab's buttocks. Nodab will grow.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Netflix inspires me. All movies, dramas, and comics inspire me. Sometimes they are inspired by songs and music videos. Everyone who wants to express himself is beautiful.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art plays an ocean in my life. The more I think deeply, the worse I sink into the sea. Whether I swim in the sea or painful depends on my interpretation. I enjoy swimming in the sea.
7. Where did you study?I followed the typical learning process in Korea.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?The front is dark. I have a lot of worries. What to eat tomorrow morning is also a big worry. If I think about it after 5 years, I will go out of my mind.
9. What about in ten?It can not be predicted at all. But I guess I might have a tablet pen or brush on my hand.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want to give sympathy and comfort. People can be comforted by the fact that there is someone who thinks like me. It is also a great comfort for me to sympathize with my work. I have nodab, so I can breathe. I am confirming that I am alive through nodab.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My favourite food is Salmon sushi.
12. Favourite book?I do not read books well...
13. Favourite genre of music?It depends on the day. Except for metal lock.
14. What are your hobbies?Watching movies, taking pictures
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Probably a computer. Moving only as you type.