1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Diana (or Nummy). I was born and live in Russia. I always wanted to be a free artist and I am in a certain sense. I do that I love but sometimes I have to do something commonplace as a commercial work because I should buy my groceries. I didn’t find myself in some definite style yet, I always try new. Sometimes I getting lost in different styles because I love absolutely ambivalent techniques. I love mid-century style, victorian vintage engravings, french comics, Japanese comics and lots more.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I don’t know what to say about my aesthetic. I like contrast shapes, smooth lines and feeling of mood. I very like to create characters and I seek a simple way to convey dynamics. Shapes in my works prevail over colours.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like Japanese anime and Japanese graphics generally. I think Japanese artist reached the highest level of skills. They are so free in their manner of draw. I admire them.
4. What is your artistic process like?It’s simple. I just draw and draw until I like the result. Sometimes it takes a lot of time or doesn’t happen at all. But if that happen, I feel happiness and satisfaction.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Everything. Movies, photographs, nature. People too. When I look at people on the street I often want to draw them immediately.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I draw since I was a child. Now it’s my job and my hobby. I think every human need and should create something. It’s the way we recognize the universe and ourselves.
7. Where did you study?I graduated graphic design faculty (in Togliatti University of Services and Social Technologies) But now I work a freelance illustrator at most.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I don’t know. I can’t imagine where I will be even in few months.
9. What about in ten?I hope I will be in some beautiful place. Like small house in mountains or in the center of the capital of great big country.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to tell interesting stories by my art. I would like if people could dip in my worlds and enjoy it.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I like porridge. Is that strange? And asian food (like sushi and ramen).
12. Favourite book?I haven’t just one favourite book. I like Russian writers like Tolstoi and Chekhov.
13. Favourite genre of music?I like different. New wave, 80’s electronic, indie
14. What are your hobbies?Playing music in some simple instrument like xylophone, harmonica or midi piano.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Maybe a doctor like my mother.
Comments are closed.