Instagram: @olipahantaasgigi Facebook: www.facebook.com/olipahantaasgigi website: www.olipahantaas.fi
1. What is your story? Where are you from?My name is Giannetta. I´m 32 years old and I live in Finland, but half of me comes from Sardinia, Italy.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I love small details, black lines, colors and animals. My style changes along with my mood, sometimes it´s more simple and the next day its all about filling the space with thousands of colors. My main goal is to make people happy.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Oh, I love markers! Nowadays I use also photoshop, but with the right paper, markers are definitely my best friends:D When I paint, I use acrylics. because I work from home, they are the easiest to use. When I was a teenager, I used to paint with oil colors in my room.. The smell was quite thick:D I won´t be doing that anymore...
4. What is your artistic process like?My day begins with two cups of coffee and a pen in my hand. Then I just let my mind and hand do the rest. I don´t do a lot of plans and sketches, even when I´m doing commission works. I think the first thing coming to my mind is usually the best one. With my art, I live in the moment. If I have an idea, I have to do it right away because the next day it might be changed into a totally different thing. Well, not saying that sometimes that´s a good thing too. I think "intuitive" is the best word to describe my artistic process.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Animals and people in general.. and of course my two kids Ella and Santtu. They are a huge inspiration source. Also my country gives me quite a color palette with it´s four seasons. I have noticed that my style also changes along with the weather:D
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is everything for me. I can´t be a day without doing even a small drawing. I think everyone should make art in some way. People often think "I can´t" or "I´m not good enough" I used to think so too, but I managed to get out of that kind of thinking. Art, whether it´s dancing, painting, singing, writing or whatever, is a great way to let your mind flow and learn new things about your self. I believe that when you give your self a chance to be more playful and creative, you`ll end up being a happier person. Creating art isn´t everything in itself, I´m thankful that there´s alot of creative people in the world and in through instagram for example, you´ll have a chance to explore all the beautiful and inspiring creations that are being made. Creativity breeds creativity and the more I experience and explore, the more I´ll be able to create myself.
7. Where did you study?I´m self-taught artist. I have bee drawing since forever. I used to go to an art school as a child and my dream is to have a craft club for all ages.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?I hope that I have managed to accomplish that wonderful creative space for people.
9. What about in ten?The same as in five. Also I pray I haven´t lost my spontaneous everyday drawing moment.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?My ultimate goal is to make people happy.That´s all.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?My fathers lasagna makes me crazy. It is sooooo good.
12. Favourite book?Finnish kids literature makes me and my kids laugh.
13. Favourite genre of music?If the beat, melody or words are great then never mind the genre. If there is one song that I should mention, it´s No ordinary love from Sade <3
14. What are your hobbies?My favorite outdoors activity is to go long walks with our lovely dog.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I graduated as a make up artist, so maybe something related to that. A make up artist in a theatre would be awesome.
Comments are closed.