Instagram: @papercraftml Behance: www.behance.net/mililitros Website: www.mililitros.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m a creative mind concerned in generate visual solutions. I work as a photographer and as a papercraft Illustrator from a small island of the Atlantic Sea. I am Argentinian by birth but I have lived in the Canary Islands for many years.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I love vibrant colors and handmade things’ imperfection.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Paper and photography are a perfect combination. Photography is a determining factor when creating my illustrations on paper, since lighting is fundamental in the final image. I finish with lights and shadows highlighting the shapes of each object.
4. What is your artistic process like?Normally, when I do a paper job I look for photographic references and from this I make a sketch by hand to find the correct composition and the relationship between the elements. When the composition is decided I go to work on paper that usually takes me about five days per illustration, but this depends on the complexity and number of the elements. Once I have a clear composition and colors, I start to make the elements on paper. If it is the first time I do some, I try to think different solution. If it is an object that I have already done before I look for ways to improve some aspect of its design.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Something I read, color combinations, an idea, a walk, something I saw in the street, objects, a face, light, a song....
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I think art is a way to think and face the reality, an approach that floods everything.
7. Where did you study?I went to the School of Art and after that, I finished my degree in Fine Arts and I specialized in photography.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I see myself being happy and traveling a lot.
9. What about in ten?I see myself being happy, having travelled a lot and with more places remain to be visited.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?To grow, explore and find new ways of thinking and seeing things.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?It’s very simple, Pizza! Pizza is knowledge.
12. Favourite book?Conquest of the Useless by Werner Herzog.
13. Favourite genre of music?I listen to different music genres and I find impossible to choose one. I like cumbia and R&B and one of my favourite bands is New Order, so I am somewhat eclectic.
14. What are your hobbies?Dance and sew.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Chef.