Instagram: @peeeteh Website: www.peterhenderson.co.uk
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm an English motion designer/illustrator originally from a small town just north of London. However, back in 2013, I decided to cycle solo down the length of South America. There I was lucky enough to meet my beautiful wife in Bolivia. After 3 years of a long distance relationship, travelling back and forth as we both studied, I moved out to Bolivia in July to freelance full time from here. I'm currently creating weekly animations for The Wall Street Journal's Snapchat.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I would describe it as a characterful, limited-palette, graphic illustration manipulated by light.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Everything digital, I fell in love with the accuracy of clicking a few years ago and haven't looked back.
4. What is your artistic process like?I like to jump straight into work, so I usually flood my head with various videos/images of the subject matter then close my eyes to create and visualise the scene and, in my head, move myself through the scene to find the best angle. I know, sounds a little odd.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I'm hugely inspired by the platform Dribbble. For graphic arts and animated gifs, just looking through its homepage is incredibly inspiring. For my character design, I most often get inspiration from supermarkets. - Various people that I have seen in the supermarket with interesting fashion that I keep in my memory.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?For me, its an outlet. It's a huge part of my life, not only through work, but as a way to share opinion and express my imagination. Projects that I've worked on have moulded various views that I have. That's something I love about freelancing, I get to learn about so many different topics that I wouldn't usually be exposed to.
7. Where did you study?I studied at Arts University Bournemouth, England.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?With a puppy.
9. What about in ten?With a child.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?My main hope is that I can make a positive difference with my work. That people will be inspired by my stuff and take something positive away from it.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Nothing beats a Sunday Roast dinner from home.
12. Favourite book?Anything Dr Seuss.
13. Favourite genre of music?1980's soul.
14. What are your hobbies?I enjoy the odd bike ride. Lucky enough to have my main hobby as my job.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I would like to hope, something adventurous.
Comments are closed.