Instagram: @pegacon_lee Twitter: @songhikr2003
1. What's your story? Where are you from?My name is Pegacon. My real name is Songhee Lee. I majored in Industrial Design in South Korea. I started painting two years ago. Before that, I didn't paint.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I am drawing the diversity of the girl. I see the girl from various points of view. Note that girls are not beautiful because they are human. I want to break the stereotype that girls are cute and nice. It's based on the stereotypes I've been going through for 27 years. I started painting because I wanted to appeal to depression but now I use surreal techniques to express what I wanted to say.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I paint it black ink and then take a picture. And color with Photoshop. I prefer digital painting. Because it's easy to keep and draw it quickly. And it is convenient to make products.
4. What is your artistic process like?My daily routine is only painting, eating, and sleeping. I always have things I want to draw in my head. So I'm always anxious to draw them quickly. I can imagine a work already done in my head and I can only move it to reality with my hands. I'm always struggling with my own impatience. thinking about drawing a little slower. So I play games on purpose, like online games and phone games.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?My past days, or my friend... I think I often observe people around me. I often draw things like their eyes, faces, and behaviors.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?When I studied Industrial Design before, I had a bad memory. I got a disease after going to college for four years. My mental illness has improved a lot since I gave up my major. I think I was born anew when I started painting. I used to think of myself as a failure but now I'm looking for a reason to exist. I was so scared in the morning but not now. Painting gives me the courage to fight the world
7. Where did you study?I graduated from Myungji University in Korea with a major in Industrial Design. Of course, the school did not help at all in painting. I taught myself the painting.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?First, I want to make Pegacon brand. I know that people are not very interested in art. Sales are inevitably a means of letting people know me. The second goal is to take time and draw pictures slowly and long.
9. What about in ten?I want to go to college again. After 10 years, I am 37 years old... I hope I will be happy. I hope my parents love me as an artist. They hate it so much right now.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I want the world to know that I live like this. I want to let people know that I died after living with these feelings and thoughts.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Marathang! It is Chinese food.
12. Favourite book?Airship! It is a Korean book. I don't know if it is right to write in English.
13. Favourite genre of music?I love the song of a ballad. like kimyuna-kirie..
14. What are your hobbies?Nowadays, I try to play Maple Online game.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I'm sure I'd be dead if I didn't paint.
Comments are closed.