1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hi. I'm Eunbi Cho, an illustrator from Korea.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I like new things and love challenging how we think. I also enjoy drawing the uniqueness of average things.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I use Procreate and Adobe illustrator because these programs help convert the image in my head pretty quickly. The iPad is great as well.
4. What is your artistic process like?I purposely look for movies or books to get inspiration for my paintings. What comes out of my imagination is limited, so I look for new things and try to change different aspects of my lifestyle.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I get my inspiration from movies, books, and photos that may be on the opposite side of what I like. I also get inspired from talking to different kinds of people.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art expands my horizon. I can live vicariously through art. Our lives are always changing every minute so we easily forget to take all of it in and really appreciate it but the process of illustration helps me remember and own those moments.
7. Where did you study?I majored in art in college. And I mainly did oil painting.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?In 5 years, I will continue to draw, but I think I will be drawing about different subjects.
9. What about in ten?I think I'll still be drawing after 10 years.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I am interested in nature and people’s emotions. I like to exchange different thoughts and ideas with people and impact others in a positive way.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I love pizza like crazy.
12. Favourite book?The Little Mermaid. My childhood dream was to become a mermaid with long hair.
13. Favourite genre of music?I love jazz, I often listen to old jazz from the 50s and 60s.
14. What are your hobbies?I like to meditate. I get to organize complex thoughts.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?If I didn't do art, I think I'd be the owner of a pizza shop.