Instagram: @reverberestudio Twitter: @reverberestudio Facebook: www.facebook.com/reverberestudio Tumblr: reverberestudio.tumblr.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Reverbere is a creative quartet founded in 2014. It all started in a Design school in Paris for three of us. We quickly got along and worked together as a team. We share the same vision and will so we end up pretty naturally working together after having had separate paths for like a year and a half. Then, about a year ago, our last member joined the journey. We’re different pieces of a puzzle with very different aptitudes.
2.Tell us about your aesthetic.We would say that we are specialised in handmade visuals and animated contents. We especially enjoy minimalist aesthetic and visual trickery. Generally speaking, we try to achieve works characterised by playfulness, in a kind of offbeat world.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?We are used to working with paper and food but we like to design with several materials and techniques, as laser worked wood, molding, or 3D printing more recently. We are always looking for new paths and recipes. We don't want to be repeating ourselves as much as possible.
4. What is your artistic process like?We are a very "test and learn" type of persons. We like to experiment new things in our working process. Sometimes it works as expected, sometimes there is room or improvements… It’s part of the game.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?We are inspired by many people and things that have nothing in common. Tharee is so many clever and talented artists so it’s hard to tell. But I guess what’s inspire us the most is creative freedom involved in other artistic fields such as a scenography, fashion design, music...
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art and/or design is pretty much the center of our lives as it is what we do or think about most of the time. It’s change the perception we have on usual things ; we’re always trying to twist the reality some way or another. Design makes us more observers.
7. Where did you study?Two of us studied at ECV Paris and then went in ERASMUS in Canada and other one did the opposite (studying in Université Laval at Quebec then in exchange to ECV Paris) The last member went to LISAA animation school in Paris.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?We would like to work more in video field so maybe more into directing we guess.
9. What about in ten?Pretty hard to tell… maybe leading an agency and teaching ?
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?As new technologies are developing faster, we want to stay aside from fully digitalised art, keeping our visuals crafty, with a human touch, because we think they are more attractive this way.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?We like coriander, raw fish, and BBQ. And We drink a lot of coffee.
12. Favourite book?Once again, there is so many great books it’s not easy to drop one name especially but we would go with respectively with Ubik de Philip K. Dick, Bonjour tristesse de Françoise Sagan, À rebours de Joris-Karl Huysmans, The Rum Diary: The Long Lost Novel de Hunter S. Thompson.
13. Favourite genre of music?We are a 4 people team and each of us likes very different and various things but house/electronic music and 90’s hip hop is probably the kind of beat that plays more often at the studio.
14. What are your hobbies?Reading, seeking for new music, watching documentaries, strolling around, throwing parties?
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Respectively: a scientist, a therapist, a lawyer, a furniture designer.