1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m from New England (Boston area) but have been a New Yorker for the past 25 years. I’m a paper artist, designer, art teacher, mom, wife, and introvert with endless dreams.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My aesthetic is small, endearing collages and snippets which capture and celebrate the world around us.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Paper! I can’t get enough of the delicious layers, textures, and versatility of paper.
4. What is your artistic process like?My process is both very thoughtful and freewheeling at the same time. I start with the desired image and then I get to work. I start with painting my own paper (although I don’t always, as I have a massive supply). I then get to drawing, cutting, layering and gluing.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?My surroundings inspire me, especially the seasons, which are beautifully extreme in New York. I’m also inspired by my experiences, both the ordinary and extraordinary ones.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Art is my passion, my work, my frustration, and my comfort. It’s my number one source of expression (although I’ve gotten a lot better at verbalizing myself as I have aged!).
7. Where did you study?I earned my Master of Fine Arts from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, with an undergraduate degree from Skidmore College in Saratoga, New York.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?In five years I would like to see my collage exposure expand with more gallery shows and private clients. I also want to expand my brand of printables. I’m currently creating enamel pin collectibles from my snippets.
9. What about in ten?In ten years I would love to own my own gallery/studio space, where I could showcase my work for sale and offer workshops on my technique. I would also love to have my snippet printables so successful that I can hire people to help with the digit aspect of my work.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I hope to achieve spreading joy with my art. I want my art to have enough of a spin on the ordinary that it makes people notice, think and enjoy.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Lobster (I am from New England □)
12. Favourite book?Dr Seuss, “Oh the Places You Will Go”
13. Favourite genre of music?Classic Rock and anything 80’s. Love the Talking Heads
14. What are your hobbies?Besides art... hiking, weightlifting, baking bread and being lazy with my husband.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Totally lost and completely miserable.
Comments are closed.