Instagram: @spektarnektar Website: rabbarabba.carbonmade.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hello, I’m born and raised in small Rysin village in Vojvodina, Serbia. Art attracted me as long as I can remember through various pictures in our house to cartoons on tv. Fascination with colors and shapes was always present. Spent my evenings drawing and coloring for school projects as well as for personal satisfaction.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My aesthetic is based on exploration of inner worlds, fantasy and identity projection. Appreciating beauty in all its forms and presenting it through various mediums is a goal I’m trying to reach. Expressing it as much as I can for all the charming visions this world engraved on my eyes.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?One of favorites is definitely photography & photomanipulation because it’s the fastest. The others that I enjoy are colored pencils/pastels since they are portable and easy to work with. Mostly choose depending on the project and inspiration - as well as consideration of which medium would suit the best. I’m also experimenting with video and 3d installations.
4. What is your artistic process like?It varies, mostly visualize shape and colors beforehand but always leave the room for spontaneous actions. Many times embracing the “mistake” opens a whole new window of opportunity to arise that leads to better result than previously planned.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Music, micro diversity of nature, food and dreams.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?Can’t imagine life without it. It gives me hope when feeling down, it’s a friend when I’m alone, it teaches, enriches and gives freedom over boundaries we as humans like to set. Nourishes the soul and liberates the spirit. Consume daily.
7. Where did you study?Left high school because I just couldn’t deal with authority.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Hopefully still on track pursuing my vision in greater depth and technically more refined. Don’t mind if it’s an agency or studio as long I stay true to myself.
9. What about in ten?By that time I expect to master few different mediums and create lots of new works. Will see…
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Freedom to express myself in any way I feel, to catch and store it on a medium creativly. To give permission by example and inspire others to do just the same. To transcend boundaries of what we think is possible and create more compassionate, more beautiful and liberated world.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Anything plant based. Vegan diet suits me but I’m not pushy about it. Really love to cook and I adore all fruits and vegetables. My favorite food includes: French fries, kohlrabi, avocado, gooseberries, pomegranate, poppy seeds, carob…True fan of fermented foods like sauerkraut, miso & pickles. Cooking is also an artistic endeavor for me, but focus is more on taste and smell and visual attraction adds to appeal. Variety of spices and flavors are so diverse that they ensure fullness if combined properly. Food really inspires me.
12. Favourite book?Don’t have a favorite but really loved these: L'élégance du hérisson by Muriel Barbery The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
13. Favourite genre of music?Depends on a mood really: classical scores for beautiful visions, jazz for social situations, chiptune for nostalgia, funk/pop/electronic for parties. Whatever hits my vibe and has that effect that you just can't stand still but have to move. Goosebumps are a good indicator.
14. What are your hobbies?Mostly paper crafts like modular origami or simple installations of prints, drawing patterns across surfaces with cheerful colors and shapes. Walking through nature collecting pinecones, dry leaves, shells or other material and then combining it into a living space. Not so much a sporty person but love swimming and cycling.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Florist, flavorist or botanist.
Comments are closed.