Instagram: @stereoplastika Behance: www.behance.net/stereoplastika Website: www.stereoplastika.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I’m Alberto Rodríguez from Toledo, a little and beautiful town near Madrid. I really like to live here, because it’s very quiet, and I have a lot of time to work and to do a lot of things I like.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My style is clean, simple, and related with geometric shapes and soft colors. Since I start to design, I was influenced by Japanese design and culture, and some covers of electronic music records, and I think still is a big influence in my work
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I like digital, but I like a lot to paint by my hands and try to add some lines by hand to my work or print using techniques like silkscreen, that makes work more personal.
4. What is your artistic process like?I really like to work with concepts, even if there is a personal project. In my personal work, I really like to represent things that inspire me in my daily life.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?There are a lot of artists that inspire me a lot, like Renaissance painters like Piero della Francesca. Probably you don’t think about Piero della Francesca when you see my artwork, but I try to pick a little from everything I see, in this case, the use of geometry in the compositions. I’m also very influenced by cubism. Of course, contemporary artists and illustrators also influence me a lot, but I can’t tell any name in particular, because I see a lot of good artists every day. But my main influence is nature, music, and things that I love.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I don’t want others to see me as an artist, I only have the need to communicate some messages in a personal way. I’m a very curious person, fascinated bya lot of things that happens in my life, and sometimes I need to share it with my own language, to the rest of the people.
7. Where did you study?I started to learn design by myself, influenced by the covers of the records that I heard, films, comics and zines. A few years later, I decided to study Graphic design at a Public Local School. But I think the best school for me was the people which I have worked with.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?Not sure about what I’ll do in the next five minutes.
9. What about in ten?In ten minutes? Lunch time.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Art for me is a way to communicate with another people. In my opinion is important that your message reach as most people as possible, but also important that you can’t change your message to reach more people.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I really like cod, and also spanish omelette, without onion (I’ve just lost a lot of followers at this time).
12. Favourite book?John William’s Stoner.
13. Favourite genre of music?Experimental music, drone, ambient and techno.
14. What are your hobbies?Doing some noise with my synths, playing video games, walking, running…
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I really like to cook, but not sure if I like to work as chef.
Comments are closed.