1. What's your story? Where are you from?Hello everyone. I’m Daniela - a graphic designer, illustrator, plant and summer lover from Berlin. I have been living and working here for over five years now and originally come from a small town in western Germany.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I don't have a strictly defined style and I like to grow in different directions. I work with textures and try a lot of new things.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?I love, love, love my iPad and can't imagine a life without it anymore. It gives me the possibility to realize my ideas anywhere in the world without much effort. But when I have a little more time and space, I still love to paint with my watercolors.
4. What is your artistic process like?I collect many inspirations and usually start by creating my colour palette first. After a few sketches, I start my illustrations and finish by adding the details and textures.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I find new ideas everywhere and at any time, so all my bags are full of little notes with keywords.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?In Berlin, you can find art in every corner and you could go to a different exhibition every night. I enjoy not only consuming art but being a part of it as well.
7. Where did you study?I studied communication design at a small academy in Germany.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?In five years, I would like to expand my Etsy Shop and wish to see my illustrations published in magazines.
9. What about in ten?In ten years it would be great to have an own, small retail shop with different stationery products.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I would like to bring a little joy and more color to people's homes.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Pasta, Pizza and Thai Food
12. Favourite book?Tell the wolves I'm home, a nice book about friendship.
13. Favourite genre of music?Music that fits my mood.
14. What are your hobbies?I’m a little plant lady and live to collect new cuttings. I also like to go for walks in nature and sometimes it’s great to chill on the couch with a series.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Maybe working with animals or plants.
Comments are closed.