1. What’s your story? Where are you from?
Hey～ I’m MeU Teng, from China. I picked up drawing since my childhood I was a child. After I learned professional painting in high school, I became more determined to take painting as a lifelong career, and I have been moving towards this goal now.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.
I like simple and interesting graphics and lines, plus some bright details. I often use female portraits as the protagonists in my works. I think they have a beauty that is different from the general natural beauty and they are also full of human beauty.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?
I like digital painting. Because it is convenient and cheap.
4. What is your artistic process like?
I don't like to draw drafts, I just draw as much as I want. I usually like to take photos of beautiful girls aside as a reference, and then directly complete all of them in the iPad pro.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?
My friends are all hot, they are my muse. Of course, I will also find different girls on the Internet.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?
Art gave me dignity as a person and made me found the meaning of life. Of course, it is also my job. Art also taught me that money is not the only thing in life. Through art, I have also made friends with many different people in the world.
7. Where did you study?
I'm studying Animation in Korea now.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In the next few years, I may bring my work to participate in some art activities, and explore cooperative relationships with other friends in other fields. I would like to hold personal exhibitions and publish books about my works in the future. Of course, I will continue to work on illustration and create more works.
9. What about in ten?
If the above is done, I will travel to different places.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?
To be honest, I don't want to achieve anything. This kind of thinking will become a burden on me.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?
Chinese food made by my mom.
12. Favourite book?
Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio, a classic literature work with a collection of about 500 stories by Pu Songling of the Qing Dynasty
13. Favourite genre of music?
14. What are your hobbies?
Hanging out with friends, attending shows or exhibitions.
15. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
A handsome guy.
Comments are closed.