1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm a self-taught visual artist from Malaysia. Mostly known for manga-style illustrations with a vivid burst of colors, occasionally adding local ﬂair to it. Sometimes you can see Nusantara warriors and kapcai bikes appearing in my illustrations.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My aesthetic should be a remix of everything I find. Every time I start a project, I like to add my own little twist to something, just to make it unique and to give a fresh experience (like combining tribal and subculture).
3. What is your favorite medium and why?Digital art, because I can undo mistakes.
4. What is your artistic process like?I take notes every time I find interesting ideas. Since I get easily distracted working with one thing, I have many projects running simultaneously. I keep alternating between projects and adding details. This is one way to keep me creative and to have fun.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I absorb almost everything I see, mostly from music, poetry, arts, and love.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?I have my own imaginary world, art makes me see beyond limitation.
7. Where did you study?The internet.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I would love to learn, inspire and collaborate with others by traveling.
9. What about in ten?Have a group of specialists in nature, skill craft, and empathy, to make the world a better place.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?Change someone's life.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Nasi Lemak.
12. Favourite book?Mostly shonen manga.
13. Favourite genre of music?instrumental, ambient, post-rock.
14. What are your hobbies?Cats and watching animal videos.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?Zookeeper.
Curated by @ievarag, Ballpitmag Curator for Lithuania.
Comments are closed.