Instagram: @vladastevanoviic Behance: www.behance.net/vladastevanovic
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I live and work in a small Central Serbian town called Valjevo, this is where all the magic comes from.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.My visual journey, discovery of a new, inexhaustible world, had started while I was still a child and won the first prize at a competition to the subject of “Spring”. I do not quite recall what was it I had drawn, surely it wasn’t Spring. Even back then I was fascinated by colours in their full spectrum, their mutual relationship, energy, and if you add to that the experiences from the other side of the keyhole, emotions and shapes, well- you can see for yourselves actually ;)
3. What is your favourite medium and why?An artist is a medium per se, everything else is less important. I use what best fits the moment in order to transfer the messages or responses to a particular topic. I’ve been spending most of my time lately in 3D environment, since it offers more opportunities, awakens curiosity about the things waiting to be discovered.
4. What is your artistic process like?I have to be overwhelmed by something and experience it inside of me, the rest is retelling and comes naturally.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?Life and everything it entails.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?It has primarily made me a better person, helped me give shape to life and grasp things from an entirely different perspective.
7. Where did you study?Well, this is something I would like to underline, I’ve never studied, I’m self-taught. At the moment when I was to decide where to go next, I had this crazy idea that taking up studies would bring me nothing more than a “mould” I would not be able to get rid of later. This was probably the same crazy idea haunting me a decade earlier when I left the art school. This was a major mistake, making me learn things in a much harder way. There are probably some benefits out of all that, but somehow I can not see them for the time being.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Working in an agency?Maybe an agency, and maybe I’ll be writing some other interview and reading this one :D
9. What about in ten?Surrounded by my kids drawing Spring!
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?If nothing else, paint the gray zone some different colour.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?I don’t have favourite food, just a favourite chef!
12. Favourite book?Little Prince!
13. Favourite genre of music?I like sophisticated and deep things, driving me through all personality levels, even those I was not aware existed while being around all the time! The genres providing me with such an experience are Ambient, Classical, Experimental, Drone, but I'm not immune to Techno either.
14. What are your hobbies?I like exploring new kinds of music, and collecting records as well.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I’d manage somehow, but end up unhappy most probably.
Comments are closed.