Instagram: @yurianahita Website: www.akinosanpo.com
1. What's your story? Where are you from?I'm born in Tokyo, Japan. Currently, I'm based in the United States.
2. Tell us about your aesthetic.I'd like to depict our world through a softer view of things and express a gentle atmosphere. I also place importance on composition and color schemes I find beautiful.
3. What is your favourite medium and why?Watercolor and watercolor paper, because it has a gentle texture and the power to heal the mind.
4. What is your artistic process like?I use material drawn in watercolor and add some digital processing.
5. Who and/or what inspires your work?I have been influenced by so many wonderful artists from Japan to abroad that it is difficult to name a specific person, but I think I have been influenced by the works of Pierre Bonnard and Édouard Vuillard, who belong to Les Nabis.
6. What role does art play in your life? How does it change the way you view the world?The sparkle of life, healing, and fun.
7. Where did you study?I am self-taught in drawing but I majored in aesthetics and art history in college.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?I think I continue to create works that I think are good. I’d like to make a nice picture book.
9. What about ten?Same above.
10. What do you hope to achieve with your art?I'd be happy if my art would gently and quietly stay in the viewer's mind for a while, and work to soften their heart.
11. Now, tell us a little more about you as a person: what is your favourite food?Rice ball of salmon (^-^)
12. Favourite book?"The Stone Flower" by Pavel Bazhov
13. Favourite genre of music?When I am working on a piece, I mostly listen to classical music.
14. What are your hobbies?Making illustrations and reading books.
15. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?I can't imagine myself as anything other than an illustrator.
Comments are closed.